Search This Blog

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Loki likes my playlist

I wish I had more profound things to write about but honestly I don't, although it is interesting what you can learn about someone be they human or god by their musical tastes. Loki has like I mentioned before became a near constant presence in my life he's around allot even for the more mundane moments. I'm a great lover of music and I will listen to pretty much anything a good thing I guess when dealing with a god who loves change and diversity. So in the past few months what have I learned about Loki from his musical tastes well for starters Loki is a hopeless romantic, yeah I know everyone is doing a doubletake on that one but it's true just let me explain okay.

I've read posts by the likes of Galina Krasskova and others who talk about Loki's great love for his wife Sigyn, and while I never doubted the truth of that I had yet to meet Sigyn or get chance to see the two of them together. Then one day I had a few errands to run around town and invited Loki to come with me if he wanted. So we're in my minivan Loki sitting in the front passengers seat chatting about nothing in particular with the music playing when the song "Angel" by Shaggy comes on Loki gets really quiet he even began to shapeshift a little. Let me back up and explain something normally when I see Loki he appears to be in twenties with ginger hair, green eyes and a slender build. His hair varies allot in length I've seen him with everything from shaggy I need a haircut length hair to long hair past his shoulders. Now when Loki is upset about something his appearance changes he looks a good ten to fifteen years older his hair and eyes become darker the light sparkling green deepens to a more hazel color the bright orange/red hair darkens to a blood red auburn. When this happens I know one of two things is going on either I've done something and I'm about to get my ass chewed by The Breaker of Worlds or he's thinking about his personal misfortunes and heartbreaks now Loki isn't much of the pity party type, but like anyone who has suffered a loss there are things that trigger the sadder memories. So Loki is listening to the song gets really quiet and starts shifting before just poof he's gone. I'm sitting there like "Dude if you hated the song you could have just told me so I mean I could have just changed it." A minute or so passes before Loki reappears but he's not alone he has a young women with him she's wearing a long blue dress and has brownish hair she's very pretty in the natural understated way. Loki leans forward and says "Play that song again it reminds me of Sigyn, and I want her to hear it." Sigyn is blushing and whispering to Loki something to the effect of "What are you doing,? Why did you insist on bringing me here?" she struck me a rather shy and soft spoken and I'm watching them thinking oh how cute when Loki says "Play the song." and I'm like oh yeah sorry then because hey when will I ever get the chance to do this again I put on my best radio voice and give Loki a grin and say  "This one goes out from Loki to Sigyn" and hit the back button so the song restarts. Okay so I didn't really get it until then the depth of love and affection between these two but the way she blushes even deeper and leans into his embrace as tears begin to well up in her eyes and the way he holds her pulling her close kissing the top of her head as his own eyes mist up a little has me melting they are just too cute together it's nice to see a love like that it's so very reassuring and reaffirming that if a couple really loves each other they truly can get through anything together. Also for anyone who has ever wonder if Loki is truly appreciative of Sigyn and what she did for him with the bowl holding he is he really truly is. A link to the song and it's lyrics for anyone unfamiliar with it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_j_HYMUakpk


Now last night something new happened I have the bad habit of singing along to any music playing now I'm not the best singer around I'm not awful but not really good either. Loki however doesn't seem to mind as long as you are enjoying yourself. Anway recently my ten year old daughter has gotten me into the music from the show Glee I'm not real big on following the show, but I'm loving all the remakes of songs from my childhood. I have to give the show's cast props for being a very talented bunch. So at my daughters request I downloaded a bunch of the music from the show and late last night I was singing along to their rendition of "True Colors" by Cyndi Lauper when suddenly there is a third voice beside the voices on the recording of the song and my own Loki is singing along a  very nice baritone. I'm like "Oh hey nice voice." he chuckles and says "Hey I like this song it has a good message." I'm like "Yeah it does doesn't it." and we go back to singing along it was just a brief moment of shared enjoyment, but I can see where the songs lyrics appeal to Loki who is all about being true to yourself.

The last thing I learned was Loki is a a huge goofball in the crackiest way possible last night I met a brand new diva, a superstar soon to be at the top of the charts her/his name.... LOKI GAGA.... um yeah, so what if my god likes dressing up like the long lost glitter obsessed love child of  Lady Gaga and Kesha  So what if he had boobs and a dick that clearly visible in the skin tight shorts he was wearing, and he likes dancing around my living room in all his transvestite/transgendered glory. I think it's wonderful he has such an off the wall sense of humor and that he fully embraces the message of the song Born This Way. Clearly he was poking a bit of fun at some of Lady Gaga and Ke$ha's more out there music video looks, but he was also testing me a bit seeing if I would be bothered by his androgynous look which really was more intriguing than anything.

What I've learned so far when he loves he loves deeply and appreciates those who love him, he values being yourself no matter what yourself happens to be faults and all no matter how  idiosyncratic it may be love who you are and be honest about it. Above all have a good sense of humor about life and don't be afraid to laugh and make others laugh even at your own expense.

No comments:

Post a Comment